In 1891 the first section of the Central Avenue Methodist Church was constructed. Like many churches, additions were made in 1900 and 1922. The large structure was an important part of the community for many years. Once the largest Methodist congregation in Indiana, the population shifted north and the building was abandoned.
It is so cool to see it restored to its former glory. Today is is home to Indiana Landmark Center. It is use year round for public and private functions, including special events, lectures, films, theater productions,(including the Fringe Festival) DIY classes, workshops, weddings, corporate gatherings, and more.